One of the smallest types of electric trams used in London, LCC 106 was built in 1903 by Dick Kerr in Preston, Lancashire. Dick Kerr trams, which 106 is typical of, were extremely popular and used in a great many of the towns and cities that adoped electric tramways in the 1900's.
106 was one of 100 Class B Cars ordered by London County Council, and like most of the electric trams used across the country, was built as a double deck, open top car with open platforms at each end - which during service went under many changes. Originally built with 'reversed' stairs, they were changed in 1906 with direct stairs as it has now, and in 1911 106 was rebuilt with a fully enclosed top deck. When built, 106 could seat 22 downstairs on two long benches which face each other, and 34 on seats upstairs